Effective Date: October 26, 2019
Thank you for your interest in VerifyInvestor.com. Verify Investor, LLC (“VerifyInvestor.com,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our users, and we strive to provide a safe and secure user experience.
What Information We Collect.
Why We Collect Information.
How We Collect Information.
How We Protect the Information We Collect.
How We Share the Information We Collect.
How Long We Retain Your Information.
International Data Transfers.
What Choices and Rights You Have Regarding Your Information.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The list below includes examples of the types of personal information we may collect from you in connection with our Service:
- Contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing and physical address, phone (or mobile) number, and zip code;
- Details of your spouse and details of investing trusts or entities that you are the contact point for;
- Your date of birth;
- Photographs, videos, comments, and other content you submit to us;
- Investor information, which may include income, net worth, entity name, pay slips, bank statements, tax forms, letters from a registered broker-dealer, SEC registered investment attorney, certified public accountant, incumbency certificate, officers certificate, and any other information you provide or documents you upload to the Account for verification;
- Client information, which may include the name and contact information of our clients, and their employees with whom we interact;
- Information that you supply to us if you contact our customer services team, such as details of queries, complaints, feedback or issues with your Account or our Service;
- Account information, which may include username and password for the account you may establish in your use of the Service;
- Social media information you provide by interacting with us through social media;
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties; and
- Financial information, such as your credit card information, banking information and
We also automatically collect your IP address and other information about how you use the Service, the areas of the Service that you visit, as well as information about your computer or mobile device.
WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Purposes for Processing
Depending on the use of the Service, we process your information for the following purposes to: (1) set up an Account; (2) process any documents you upload as part of the Service to verify your status as an accredited investor, qualified purchaser, or qualified client or other diligence or verification services; (3) provide personal information to the parties who wish to obtain verification of your accredited investor status and other third parties as necessary to provide the Service; (4) ensure the security of your Account; (5) enable us to respond to you when you contact us; (6) generate internal reports and conduct analytics about the use of the Service; (7) deliver messages like special offers, updates, newsletters, customer service, and service announcements; (8) serve you advertisements when you visit the Service; (9) conduct surveys and to publish the results thereof; (10) ensure legal compliance and exercise our legal rights, such as enforcing our agreements with you; (11) protect you and other users of our Service and third parties; (12) carry out certain internal functions, such as information management, account processing, client services, or other data collection relevant to our business; (13) with our third party service providers who provide us with support services (14) investigate and help prevent potentially unlawful activity or activities that threaten the integrity of the Service; (15) protect and defend our rights or property or the rights or property of others, as required by courts or administrative agencies; (16) in connection with a financing, sale, merger, or reorganization of our business or assets; and (17) with non-affiliated third parties, so that they may market their products and services to you, where they have a lawful basis to do so. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event an issuer shares any investor’s personal information with us, we shall not use an investor’s personal information provided to us by an issuer for marketing purposes.
Legal Bases for Processing
We process your information based on the following legal bases for each of the purposes listed (1)-(17) above. We have listed the relevant purpose against each of these legal bases.
- Legitimate interests or contract, for example, by sending you our marketing communications and responding to your queries (7, 8 and 9).
- On the basis of the performance of a contract with you for example:
- by providing you products or services that you request from us as set out in (1, 2, and 3)
- Creating an Account where you have requested one (1);
- Providing you with the Service you have requested (2);
- Ensuring that your Account is secure (4);
- Allowing us to respond to you when you contact us (5);
- On the basis of our legitimate interests, which include:
- Conducting analytics on our Service, to help us improve the Service for you (9);
- Conducting and further developing our business, for example, processing activities required by business management and reorganization needs, such as a thorough understanding how our Services and platforms are used, gaining better insight of our core and target customers and improving Service performance (12);
- Protecting our rights or property, or the rights or property of our affiliates or associated trust entities, users, or third parties, including processing activities necessary to explore, protect and defend us and/or enforce our legal rights, for example by sharing information with our bankers, lenders, our accountants and auditors, legal and other professional consultants and advisers, arbitrators, parties to an arbitration, credit reference agency and our IT support providers (14 and 15); and
- Assisting with a current or proposed sale and/or re-organization, either in whole or in part, where it is in our interest to consider how to re-organize, explore new opportunities, grow, divest, or review the structure of our business so that we can implement our strategic corporate plans (16);
- to provide you with the opportunity to give us feedback about our Service in the form of a survey (to the extent your jurisdiction does not require us to obtain prior consent) (9);
- With third parties that provide services to us. Among other things, these third parties help us with the administration, operation, and marketing of the Service. This includes hosting, communications, printing, marketing, data enhancement, technical support, payment or transaction processing, and fulfillment of services (13); and
- To provide you with information that is relevant to you about us and our Service (to the extent your jurisdiction does not require us to obtain prior consent (10).
- On the basis of the compliance with a legal obligation for example, if we are required to disclose information pursuant to regulatory or labor law requirements (10).
- On the basis of consent, we may share your information with non-affiliated third parties, for example, for them to develop their own products or market to you, where they have the requisite legal permissions to do so.
In many situations, we have more than one legal basis for processing your information. For example, if you request a verification through our Service, we may collect your information to fulfill our contract with you, but we also collect your information as we have a legitimate interest or legal basis in maintaining your information for record keeping purposes. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts, upon different of those legal bases.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We Collect Information through Our Interactions with You
We collect information from you, your client or spouse when:
- You interact with our Service;
- You request information about our Service;
- You sign-in or visit your Account and use our Service;
- You use a social media service, for example, our Facebook page or blog;
- You sign up for e-mails, mobile messages, social media, or other communications or notifications from us;
- You enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to one of our surveys, or participate in a focus group; and
- You provide us with comments, suggestions, or other input.
We Collect Information Using Cookies and Other Technologies
- Category 1: Strictly necessary. These cookies and other technologies are strictly necessary to enable you to use our Service, for example accessing your Account and providing you the Service you have requested.
- Category 2: User choices. These cookies and other technologies allow us to remember the choices you have made, for example your user name, language used, or country. They may be used for user preferences purposes.
- Category 3: Third-Party Analytics. These cookies and other technologies are placed by our third-party partners for web analytics purposes. Examples of these cookies and other technologies include Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics. You can opt out of Google Analytics by following the instructions provided at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Generally, you may stop or restrict the placement of our cookies on your computer by adjusting your web browser preferences, but please note that this may impact your ability to access your Account and use our Service, for example, some Cookies we place are to verify your identity and are therefore an important aspect of maintaining the security of your account.
We Collect Information from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from third parties, including business partners, affiliates, associated trust entities, and publicly available sources, that can enhance and add to our information about you (e.g., adding address information). This may improve our ability to contact you and improve the relevancy of our marketing by providing better recommendations or special offers that we think may interest you.
HOW WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic processing or storage, is fully secure. While we maintain reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality and security of information we hold, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach of your information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
If you register for an Account, you will be asked to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for any access to or use of your Account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or Account.
Our Affiliates and Associates
We may share your information with our corporate affiliates and associates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, associated trust entities, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control); provided, however, that, in the event an issuer shares any investor’s personal information with us, we shall not use an investor’s personal information provided to us by an issuer for marketing purposes. We have a legitimate business interest to share data with our group as it allows us to better understand the performance of our Services and how to offer and improve our product offerings across the group. It also assists us with finding operational efficiencies (such as financial efficiencies through sharing IT infrastructure), making use of group level software solutions and improving our technological offerings which form an integral part of our Service.
Other Third Parties
We may disclose information when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements, or to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of our affiliates or associated trust entities, users, or third parties. For example, we may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies.
When You Direct Us
We may share your information at your direction or request, either through your Account, our Service, or otherwise.
With Your Consent
If another entity acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage. We also may retain a copy of that information.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
- For the duration required pursuant to a legal obligation;
- For the period required by applicable law and regulations, for the activities relating to the service; or
- For the duration of legal proceedings and the related limitation periods, for processing activities necessary to protect against legal liability and enforce our rights.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Our Service is controlled and operated from facilities within the United States. Nonetheless, where required and possible, we take steps to treat your information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your data.
WHAT CHOICES AND RIGHTS YOU HAVE REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
Rectify Your Information
We rely on you to update and correct your information. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our Services do not permit you to update or correct certain information, contact us at the address described below to ask us to rectify information that you think is inaccurate or incomplete.
Opting Out of E-mail, Telephone and Text Message Marketing
When we send you promotional emails based on your consent or as permitted by applicable laws, you have the right to unsubscribe. You also have the ability to unsubscribe to promotional e-mails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails. Please allow us up to 10 business days to implement your request to unsubscribe. Note that even if you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
We may distribute mobile coupons and text messages to your mobile device if you have requested this information via an opt-in request. You may opt out of receiving text messages and mobile coupons via the texts you receive.
If you do not wish to receive promotional telephone communication from us, call us at (818) 925-6701 to opt out. This opt out does not apply to operational communication, for example, confirmation of delivery address.
Additional Rights for Individuals Located in Certain Jurisdictions
In some circumstances we may be subject to additional data protection laws that give you additional data protection rights, for example, if you are located in certain jurisdictions (for example, in the EEA). To the extent required by these applicable laws, we will grant you the following additional rights, provided we can adequately verify your identity:
- Access to Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us. If permitted and required by law, we will grant you reasonable access to the data that we have about you. Note that California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of data (if any) we share with third parties, affiliates or associated trust entities for direct marketing.
- Objection to Certain Processing. You may object to our use of your personal information by contacting us. For example, for individuals located in the EU (or where EU data protection law otherwise applies) you have the right to object to direct marketing and in some circumstances the right to object to certain automated processing operations.
- Right to restrict processing. At your request, we will limit the processing of your information in certain circumstances, for example where: (i) you dispute the accuracy of your information; (ii) your personal information was processed unlawfully and you request a limitation on processing; (iii) we no longer need to process your information but you require your information in connection with a legal claim, or (iv) you object to the processing pending verification as to whether an overriding legitimate ground for such processing exists.
- Right to data portability. Where permitted and required by law, you have the right to receive your information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format in certain circumstances.
- Revocation of Consent. You may revoke any prior consent for the processing of your personal information. If you revoke your consent, then we may no longer be able to process your personal information or provide that part of the Service that relies upon such consent. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so.
Your California Privacy Rights California residents have the right to receive, once a year, information about third parties with whom we have shared information about you or your family for direct marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of the personal information shared. If you are a California resident and wish to make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com and include the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line, and provide us with your name, address, and email address. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. We will respond to you within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California Privacy Rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Important Notices and Transactional E-mail
From time to time, we may send non-commercial electronic email messages with important information about us or our Service to your email address. Please note that any opt-out will not apply to other communications that will be provided to you or any entity or trust that you are the contact point for in relation to your transactions with us, in agreement with us, or where required by law.
Third Party Websites and Services
Compliance with State and Federal Laws
Certain regulations issued by state and/or federal government agencies may require us to maintain and report demographic information on the collective activities of our membership. We may also be required to maintain certain of your information to be in compliance with applicable federal and state laws regarding recordkeeping, reporting and audits.
Do Not Track
We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
13701 Riverside Drive, Suite 300, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
If you are not satisfied with our response, and are in the EU, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.